Protecting your sensitive data for over 20 years - Netlib
Share |

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Issuing new Credit Cards with Chip Technology - Premature?

I give the Banks credit for issuing these types of cards for extra protection.

My question is where can I use it?

I'm not sure we a quite there yet, I know in other part of the world chip technology in CC's are old news and standard. But her in the US most of the POS devices still can't handle the chips, so the extra security really is pointless as they still use the magnetic strip on the back of the cards.

Until our POS devices are converted to handle the chip's it will be just a great decoration on your card, until then you can go to party and say "look at my new CC with the chip......isn't it cool"


http://www.dailyprogress.com/workitcville/news/virginia-credit-union-issues-credit-cards-with-chip-technology/article_1c115ba4-a3e5-11e3-bbba-001a4bcf6878.html

No comments: